Saturday, July 1, 2017

My Parents 50th Wedding Anniversary on Canada Day 2017

July 1, 2017

On July 1, my parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. We were thrilled to be a part of this special celebration. The weather was wonderful, my brother and his wife provided the setting, the guests provided the ambiance and the band rocked in the background.

The food was excellent and enjoyed by all. Our good friend Ron was the "tarbender". The wine and beer were flowing and people were catching up after years (in some instances) of absence. Our girls got to hang out with their cousins and two other friends. They had a ton of activities from painting pillow cases to bug hunting paraphernalia. 

Many memories were shared and remembered. It was heart warming to see, just how many people that my parents have touched over the years. I feel very fortunate to have parents that have stayed together through thick and thin and sickness and in health. They have provided an excellent role model and I am glad to be able to share it with my girls as well. 

I want to say a huge thank you to my brother and his wife for organising and opening up their back yard to host this momentous event.


pictures laminated into placemats
family photos hanging from the bar umbrella

Shaun and his Mom, Margo and Dad, Lou
from left to right, me, Margo, Shaun and Lou
Leanne (family friend), Jeff (my brother) and Ron (the bartender)
cousin Lucy, Mason and Jordan
Lauren, Paige and cousin Lawson
Dave, Roger (my dad), Colin and Terry
the kids tent
the band
friends enjoying the band
Helen and my brother Jeff
Sally and my mom Betty
my dad and his oldest friend Harry McWaters
Scott and Lucy (his daughter)
friends and family
Jeff and Leanne the hosts
friends and family (do you think they coordinated their outfits?)
Helen and Shaun
Jordan and Mason grooving to the music
good friends
my Dad
Mandi and Roger
Betty and Roger, my parents
Lucy and Mason dancing the night away
another great shot of Jeff and Leanne
great friends
Lou, me, Suzanne and Margo
Lou and Suzanne, new friends yet both born in Hamburg, Germany
me and the tarbender
my father in-law Lou
Jordan taking a breather from the dancing
Mandi and Ron
Paige
a speech to his bride
shake, shake, shake
the band was so gracious and allowed the kids to air guitar, this was Mason's turn
Lucy's turn
Jordan's turn
Lawson's turn
Lauren's turn
You might be wondering where Paige was in the air guitar? She ran around to the front yard to hide, as this would be her worst nightmare.


Terry singing
Ron and Leanne
the cake - it was amazing
Mom and Dad
the happy couple
Follow our video adventures on our YouTube channel: Video adventures of s/v Element

2 comments:

  1. This blog aware me about different programs which can become very useful for our friends and kids. Few websites provide combined courses and few of the are separately for single subject. Glad to get this information. Washington DC wedding videographer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Your parent’s 50th wedding anniversary on Canada Day 2017 looks super amazing. I truly loved all the décor. Thanks my friend for sharing these images here. Anyways, we have also been doing preparations for a vintage inspired wedding ceremony and would like to book the most suitable Los Angeles wedding venues for that. Do you have any décor inspirations?

    ReplyDelete